Colon cleansing is part of many detoxification procedures and programs. Its purpose is to help eliminating all residues and mucoid plaque, thus enabling a much better absorption of nutrients and vitamins from digested foods into the blood stream.
Some people have various digestive troubles that may be directly related to an unclean colon. When the colon is clogged, toxins spend more time inside the body, thus increasing the risk of proliferation of various germs and unhealthy bacteria that may cause illness.
Ideally, only 15% of the bacteria in our guts should be bad, the rest of 85% should be good bacteria that help us have a normal digestion process. Unfortunately, sometimes this percentage is reversed, the causes being our hectic lifestyle, eating the wrong foods, not paying enough attention to our health and developing risky habits like excess drinking or junk food eating. If you only do such unhealthy things every now and then, it shouldn’t be a problem. However, when these unhealthy things become a way of living, they will have repercussions. On long term, you may get seriously ill. An unclean colon is among the early signs of more severe medical conditions.
It is easy to stay alert and notice what your body tells you, so that you can take preventative measures. Whenever you notice persistent headaches and nausea, bloating and a slow digestion, you may suspect your colon could need cleansing.
When people think about colon cleansing, they may immediately picture enemas or other dramatic procedures. You may be surprised to find out that this is not always the case. Even switching to an adequate nutrition can act like a colon cleanse and help you feel better. It has been already proven that a diet based on natural whole foods, fiber and water brings multiple health benefits, getting rid of digestive disorders being only one of them. There are also colon cleansing procedures that can be done at home. For instance, lemon and vinegar can be successfully used for a quick overnight colon cleanse.
Symptoms caused by an unclean colon may range from simple abdominal discomfort or light bloating to severe constipation, cramps or headaches. As toxins accumulate, the body can’t cope with their evacuation fast enough, so this situation may generate poisoning-like symptoms, the most frequent being headache and nausea. Because the food sits so much in your colon, the body will be depleted of the enzymes that are needed to break down the food. As a consequence, some foods will putrefy and others will ferment before the body has the chance to get them out of the system. The result will be a horrible sensation of full stomach, as you’d keep on ingesting new meals a few times a day, but evacuate only once every few days or so. You may even get acid reflux symptoms, since your digestive tracts will be full and the only way of releasing the pressure is to push the foods back into the esophagus. This may cause even more severe discomfort and you may even end up with permanent injuries on your esophagus, caused by the stomach acid.
When the colon is clean, the final digestion process takes place faster, the nutrients and the water get extracted more effectively from the fecal matter and the elimination occurs at regular intervals. Peristaltic moves are more efficient and the whole system simply works better, for the general health of the body.
The first step in colon cleanse is to try natural remedies and a change of your lifestyle and diet. Eat more vegetables, buy whole foods, give up alcohol, sodas, sugar and highly processed foods. Drink plenty of water and try to lead an active life. Find a sport you enjoy and try practicing it three times a week. If it works for you, you should feel better within a few weeks. You’ll get rid of your bloating and constipation and that would be a sign your colon in self-cleansing.
If you don’t feel any improvement, you may want to seek for medical advice. There are colon cleansing clinics where you can get detailed explanations about various procedures, their risks and their benefits, so you can make an informed choice.
Losing weight can feel like an uphill battle. If have a hard time with losing weight even though you work out and eat healthy foods, you should look into using weight loss pills. Read more »